10th Tamburi Mundi Festival
International Frame Drum Festival in Freiburg (Germany), E-Werk
1st – 9th August 2015
Tamburi Mundi, meanwhile known as the central festival for frame drums world-wide, will open its doors again in 2015 at the E-Werk in Freiburg. For a period of nine days, the festival offers a wide-ranging program of workshops, concerts and join-in actions with excellent musicians and important frame drum masters from all over the world.
The Frame Drum Academy offers workshops for beginners as well as professionals: different playing-techniques for a large variety of frame drums, traditional rhythms and modern grooves, body percussion, rhythm language, dance, improvisation, composition and vocals. Lecturers are the five times Grammy-Award winner and founding father of the frame drum movement Glen Velez (USA), the Israeli percussionist Yshai Afterman, the South Indian kanjira master Ganesh Kumar, the tamburello player Andrea Piccioni (Italy), the Flamenco dancer Bettina Castaño (Spain/Switzerland) and others.
As every year, the first-class concerts with international line-ups will be the highlights at Tamburi Mundi. This is an excerpt of our concert program with 19 concerts, just to name a few:
* Face to Face, Music from Israel and Iran (1st August) - Opening concert of the 10th International Frame Drum Festival: A musical encounter between artists of the cities Tel Aviv and Isfahan.
* Percussion Duo BeatBop (2nd August) - The Frame Drum Award 2015 will be given to the young percussionists duo called BeatBop..
* Chaconne (4th August) - A world musical journey throughout Renaissance and Baroque
with Michel Godard, Marte Perl, Arezoo Rezvani, Gesine Bänfer, Ian Harrison, Murat Coşkun, Michael Metzler, Lucas Peres, Pere Olivé Aymerich. The concert will be recorded by the SWR 2.
* Italian Night (5th August) – Drums, castanets and bagpipe promise a pulsative evening with a dance party afterwards.
* Glen & The Gang (6th August) – Frame Drum pionieer Glen Velez celebrates with Michel Godard and Ramesh Shotham a Come-Together of the companions of Rabih Abou Khalil.
*Celebration 10! (7th August) – a spectacular birthday concert together with 17 frame drummers, dancers and singers.
*Long Night of the Drums, 5X5 concerts and Never Ending Drumming (8th August) – Frame drum music on five stages at the same time and from midnight on open-end drumming…
*¡La Fiesta! (9th August) - the great final concert unites drums and string orchestera with Tango argentino under the direction of Enrique Ugarte.
For further information please visit our website: www.tamburimundi.com or contact
0049. 177. 460 65 45